Providing Emergency Eye Care Services in West Milford, NJ
We offer emergency services that require immediate and urgent eye care. If your eye is injured, don’t try to judge the severity of it. Immediately seek the opinion of an eye doctor to lessen the risk of hurting your vision. Our West Mildord optometrist understands ocular emergencies can arise at any time.
Please call our office at 973-320-9256 for further instructions. Use your best judgment on urgency, if you feel your need to find the nearest emergency room.
Symptoms that require emergency service include, but are not limited to:
- Sudden loss of vision
- Sudden double vision
- Sudden red/painful eye
- Pink Eye
- New onset flashes and/or floaters
- Foreign body in the eye (especially metal or chemicals)
Things NOT to do while waiting for professional medical assistance:
- DO NOT press on an injured eye or allow the victim to rub the eye(s).
- DO NOT attempt to remove a foreign body that is resting on the cornea (the clear surface of the eye through which we see) or that appears to be embedded in any part of the eye.
- DO NOT use dry cotton (including cotton swabs) or sharp instruments (such as tweezers) on the eye.
- DO NOT attempt to remove an embedded object.
DO call West Milford Vision Center in West Milford, New Jersey at 973-320-9256 for further instructions! We are here for you!
Also ask us about presbyopia diagnosis and treatment!